The SPVA website holds information that will be of interest to the Armed Forces Community and, if you work as an advisor, may provide you with advice that can help you support veterans.
In a recent survey, more than 300 visitors to the website gave an insight into what they find useful. The results showed:
- 80% would definitely or probably recommend the site to a friend;
- The most searched for information is: Service records and medals information, pensions and compensation, Veterans Community information;
- 76% got some, most or all of what they wanted;
- 92% were content with how easy they found the site to use (69% good/very good, 23% indifferent); and
- 95% were content with how clear and easy to understand the site was (74% good/very good, 21% indifferent).
“We want the Veterans-UK website to be the focal point on the web for accessing information on support for UK ex-Service personnel and their families. The results show the site is well used and valued by most visitors but we want to do more to ensure we are meeting their needs. We’re really pleased that 75% of those completing the survey were veterans themselves. In January 2010 we introduced a new ‘Veterans Community’ area to the site with a ‘news’ section showing latest announcements, discounts and special offers specially for veterans.
“With this in mind, I would ask readers of the SPVA Blog to consider sending us items of interest to the Veterans Community for publishing online.”
If you would like to submit information to be placed on the Veterans-UK site, contact the External Communications Team.