From 16 June, SPVA has ceased to be an executive Agency of the Minstry of Defence in a move, requested by the Agency, and agreed by Minister (DPWV).
There's no change to our name or the services we deliver. The change in status will support the cross-government of public spending and reduced costs incurred by having Agency status.
Our Deputy Chief Executive, Cdre Ross Albon explained: “This has not been an easy decision. We looked long and hard but decided that in the current financial climate, we had to prioritise funds on maintaining and improving the services we deliver to our customers, rather than on ourselves. The important thing is that we will still be delivering our essential and high quality services to our customers. It is a case of ‘Business as Usual’ for SPVA."
"The important thing is that we will still be delivering our essential and high quality services to our customers."
Although no longer an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Defence, SPVA will keep its identity and logo which helps maintain its association with ex-Service charities and organisations. This will avoid the unnecessary expenditure associated with re-branding.
SPVA will remain a distinct business unit and continue to be known as the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency from a customer perspective and report, as before, to DCDS(Pers & Trg) in the MOD.
Cdre Albon said it was important to remember that:
• SPVA does really important work in support of serving Personnel and Veterans, maintains good business results and has a reputation for delivering against targets.
• All of its key functions – JPA system, Forces HR, Pensions, AFCS, JCCC, Medals Office and Veterans Welfare will remain within SPVA
• SPVA retains full responsibility for delivering the ‘Boyce’ Armed Forces Compensation Scheme changes.
• SPVA has achieved huge success in meeting its key targets and improving customer service. This puts its in a much better place to move forward.
• SPVA delivers many vital services for the Armed Forces and Veterans Communities – these still need to be delivered in the future
• The work we all do is valued – our customers say so in surveys and we have won several awards from respected institutions.
• SPVA has a culture of providing an ‘excellent customer service’ – that won’t change.